We will not use personal information for any purpose that is not reasonably needed for the proper or effective operation of the service. Personal information may be accessed by and exchanged with staff educating and caring for a child or by administrative staff.
We do not disclose your personal information to others unless you would have reasonably expected us to do this or we have your consent. For example, personal information may be disclosed to:
- emergency service personnel where this is necessary to provide medical treatment in an emergency
- special needs educators or inclusion support agencies
- volunteers, trainees and work experience students (with consent)
- trainers or presenters if children participate in special learning activities
- another Service to which a child is transferring where you have consented to the transfer.
- the new operator of the Service if we sell our business and you have consented to the transfer of enrolment and other documents listed in Regulation 177 of the National Education and Care Regulations.
We may disclose personal information where we are permitted or obliged to do so by an Australian law. For example, personal information may be disclosed to:
- authorised officers when our service is assessed and rated under the National Education and Care Law and Regulations
- Government employees (eg for Child Care Subsidy, Immunisation, Medicare purposes)
- software companies that provide child care management systems
- management companies we may engage to administer the Service
- software companies that provide computer based educational tools which use a child’s personal information.
- lawyers in relation to a legal claim
- officers carrying out an external dispute resolution process
- a debt collection company we use to recover outstanding fees
- react to unlawful activity, serious misconduct, or to reduce or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety. We are obliged to cooperate with law enforcement bodies in some circumstances.
Personal information will be managed openly and transparently in a way that protects an individual’s privacy and respects their rights under Australian privacy laws.
We only collect or use personal information if this is needed to education and care to children at the service, or to comply with our legal obligations. We will take reasonable steps to make sure you know we have your personal information, how we got it and how we’ll handle it.
We collect most personal information directly from a parent or guardian. We may also collect information through our website, social media page, Family Law court orders or agreements, special needs agencies and training courses. We may occasionally request information from other organisations which you would reasonably agree is necessary for us to educate and care for a child.
The information collected includes information required under the National Education and Care Law and Regulations or needed to promote learning under the Early Years Learning Framework. This includes name, address, date of birth, gender, family contact details, emergency contact details, authorised nominee details, parents’ occupations, cultural background, home language, religious beliefs, payment details, child care subsidy information, Medicare number, , immunisation records, medical information and medical management plans, photos of children and information about children’s strengths, interests, preferences and needs, including special needs.
We do not disclose personal information to others unless you would reasonably expect us to do this, we have your consent or we are complying with an Australian law.
We aim to keep the personal information we hold accurate, up-to-date and complete. This enables us to provide high quality education and care while ensuring the health and safety of children, and it is also important that we can contact you in the event of an emergency.
We have systems and practices in place to ensure personal information is secure and can only be accessed by those who need the information or may legally access it.
You have the right to access your personal information. There are some circumstances under Australian privacy laws where we may not be able to give you access. We will tell you if this is the case. There is generally no cost for accessing your information. We will tell you if there is a charge before providing access.
Our Privacy Officer for privacy matters, including complaints, is the Director who may be contacted by telephone on 4721 4651 / 0468 997 478 or email email@example.com or by mail 120 Woodriff Street Penrith NSW 2750
We will provide a copy of any updates to our Privacy and Confidentiality Policy on our Service Noticeboard and include the changes on Kinderloop.